need the performance alternator??? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • need the performance alternator???

need the performance alternator???

Old 09-17-2009, 08:09 PM
need the performance alternator???

hey guys need the performance alternator but dont no how i could make it work on my car because of that fuse thats on the battery terminal..is there any way i could bi -pass that...open for suggestion..
Old 09-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3vegas View Post
hey guys need the performance alternator but dont no how i could make it work on my car because of that fuse thats on the battery terminal..is there any way i could bi -pass that...open for suggestion..
What year car and which fuse? Are you speaking of the fusible link. If so keep in mind that you may need to upgrade the wiring from the alternator if it is undersized for the application. Many alternators are actually capable of putting out more than what they are rated for, one value often tossed around is a 30% overcurrent capability. I think that may fit here as for example on an 07 and up it appears tha the fusible link is 140 amps with a 110 amp alternator. If this holds up than a typical 150 amp alternator would need a consideration of wiring, etc. of about 195 amps.

It also depends on why you are putting on a performance alternator. If you are adding an audio system which is one common reason then you may want to look at a dual output alternator and set up a second system for the audio and leave the other as is.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:13 AM
daul output as in to power screws .yea i was talkin about the fuseable link but you can bipass an go directly to the battery.i was thinkin of goin wit a 200 amp alternator an yea i was gonna upgrade the power and grounds
Old 09-22-2009, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3vegas View Post
daul output as in to power screws .yea i was talkin about the fuseable link but you can bipass an go directly to the battery.i was thinkin of goin wit a 200 amp alternator an yea i was gonna upgrade the power and grounds
You didn't mention your year from what I see. Also don't bypass a fusible link without replacing it with another they are there for a reason.

If a 2007 or above keep in mind that your negative battery lead has a current sensor.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 PM
i actually have a 2003 coupe, but the fusible link on my car is separate form the alternator plug in.the alternator connects to the fusible link so im just gonna put it on the side of the battery.