XM/IPOD INTERFACE OPERATION DIRECTIONS
How do I switch to XM or iPOD from my factory radio?
Remember You must have a button labeled "RADIO" or "SAT" button for this interface to work
Radios with a PRESET ABC button: Press the PRESET ABC button until "B" is displayed, then press the SAT or RADIO button until XM comes up. This is your iPOD/XM mode. You can toggle between the two (XM & iPOD) by turning on/off your stereo. Leave it off for about a second or two then turn it back on and you will be able to switch from XM to iPOD and vise versa.
Radios without a PRESET ABC button: Press the RADIO or SAT button until XM comes up. This is your XM & iPOD mode. You can toggle between the two (XM & iPOD) by turning on/off your stereo. Leave it off for about a second or two then turn it back on and you will be able to switch from XM to iPOD and vise versa.
What will it say on my Factory Radio while its Playing?
This interface will allow your radio to display Song Title & Artist information from your iPOD & XM (Current song playing) on your factory radio. The information will be showed on your NAV screen (if equipped) if it is integrated into your factory radio system. Some radios require you to press and hold down the DISP button to see artist and song info
Here are the operating instuctions for the XM Radio:
1) Select XM by pressing the “SAT” or "RADIO" button until the SR1/SR2/SR3 comes up on your radio display. If you have a Preset ABC button you will need to select bank 'B', then select the XM by pressing the RADIO or SAT button. If you are already in iPOD mode, then simply turn off your radio and then back on again to go to XM mode.
2) Previous track goes to the next available station down
3) Next track goes to the next available station forward
4) To advance to the next/previous genre of channels press the tune up/down button or CAT FOLDER Right/Left button. The radio will display, for example, “Country,” “Christian” or “Rock” as the music genre.
5) "Scan" will go to the next station every 10 seconds until the button is pressed again.
6) The method of setting presets and selecting presets is the same procedure specified in the radio instructions---to set a preset, hold the button down until you here a beep; to select a preset, just press the desired button.
7) If you have a "RADIO" button instead of a "SAT" button "PTY/DISPLAY" Displays the title and artist of the current song. On radios without the Preset ABC button you will need to press and hold down the DISPLAY or PTY button to activate the text feature.
Here are the operating instuctions for your iPOD from the factory radio:
1) Select the iPod by pressing the “RADIO” or "SAT" button until "iPod in" comes up on the radio display. If you have a Preset ABC button you will need to select bank 'B', then select the iPOD by pressing the RADIO or SAT button until your radio displays iPOD (some radios display XM instead of iPOD, but you will hear your iPOD instead of XM). If you are already in XM mode, then simply turn off your radio and then back on again to go to iPOD mode.
2) Seek Up and Seek Down will go to the next/previous playlist on your iPOD.
3) Tune Up and Tune Down will track up or down from the directory of your iPOD you are in.
4) The "Rewind" and "Fast forward" buttons will allow you to fast forward and rewind the song playing on your iPOD.
5) Preset Recall 1-4; these keys will allow you to browse through your iPod through a variety of browse options. You will need to program these keys first. To program them, simply go to iPOD mode, and then tune up to track 4, radio will say XM4. Then store that as preset #1, the tune up to the next track XM5, and store that as preset #2. Then tune up to the next track, XM6, and store that as preset #3. Then track up to the next track, XM7, and store that as preset #4. The disconnect your iPOD and turn ff your car, then back on again and re-connect your iPOD. Then select your iPOD, now the Browse mode functions should work perfect.
A) Preset Recall 1 is the Browse Up key.
B) Preset Recall 2 is the start and cancel browsing key
C) Preset Recall 3 is the Browse Enter key.
D) Preset Recall 4 is the Browse Down key is the Browse Escape key
To start the Browse feature press the Preset Recall 2 button. At this point press Preset Recall 1 or 4 to display browse options, (for example Playlists, Artists, Songs, Genres, ect…) one at a time. Each time the Preset Recall 1 or 4 is pressed a different browse option is displayed. Once a browse option is desired press the Preset Recall 3 button to lock that option in. This will allow you to browse thru your iPOD in a variety of ways from your factory radio buttons.
When you first enter the iPod mode, buttons 1 to 4 can be used to browse the iPod categories. Press buttons 1 through 4 until you hear a beep when pressing each one. Once that is done, you can browse the iPod. Press 2 to enter browse mode. Then you can press either 1 or 4 to go up or down the selection of categories that can be browsed. When you find the category you would like to browse, press 3. Browse though the selections using the same buttons (1 or 4) until you find your choice and then press 3. Button 3 enters the choice that you have picked. At any time you can end the browsing of the category or browsing mode completely by pressing 2.
6) Scan will play 10 seconds of each track on your iPOD until the button is pressed again.
7) "PTY/DISPLAY" Displays the title and artist of the current song. On raido without the Preset ABC button you must press and hold down the DISP button to turn on the text feature.
8) RPT button repeats the song or the album. When the button is pressed once, the song is repeated. When pressed a second time, the album is repeated. When pressed a third time the repeat function is turned off and normal play is resumed.
What playback funtion controls will I be able to control from my factory radio?
You will be able to control your iPOD the following ways from your factory radio.
Scan (plays each track for few (10) seconds)
Browse (Playlist, Genre, Album & Artist) thru radio buttons
Fast Track Search (x10)
Fast Forward/Fast Reverse Play
If you would like to know anything else about this interface, E-mail us [email protected]
or contact us we will answer any questions you might have.