DIY: 05 Sedan Bose Amp and Sub Removal... Kinda - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | panoramic-3d.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DIY: 05 Sedan Bose Amp and Sub Removal... Kinda

DIY: 05 Sedan Bose Amp and Sub Removal... Kinda

Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 PM
DIY: 05 Sedan Bose Amp and Sub Removal... Kinda

So I decided to tinker around on the G and figure out how I can remove my Bose Amp and Sub. I grabbed a copy of the factory repair manual and had at it, heres what happened...

Didnt snap pics of the Amp removal but its fairly easy...

Remove the trunk lining taking out 6 clips around the top of the trunk, this will reveal the Bose amp on the left. Take a ratchet and unscrew the 4 bolts, the back left one will be a pain so use an extension to get to it.

Now for the fun part...:newangel:

Got my laptop with repair manual up, phone ready in case of emergency (couldnt see one possibly happening but safety first...)
Name: P1200072.jpg
Views: 197
Size: 63.9 KB

First, remove the head rests...
Name: P1200068.jpg
Views: 194
Size: 26.3 KB

Next pull down the center arm rest and pull back the leather that is velcroed to the back of the opening to reveal a few bolts and a clip holding the arm rest in... (These bolts and the bolts in the next step are very tough to loosen, I had to use my entire body weight to get these to budge)
Name: P1200069.jpg
Views: 177
Size: 49.2 KB

Name: P1200070.jpg
Views: 178
Size: 58.0 KB

Pull out the arm rest and this will reveal 2 more "impossible" bolts holding the two seats in place, take those out...
Name: P1200071.jpg
Size: 63.1 KB

Next the repair manual shows that the seat reclining mechanism needs to be removed shown here as the black piece in the corner of the seat..
Name: P1200073.jpg
Size: 59.5 KB

What the repair manual doesnt tell you is that behind that plastic piece there is nothing... notta... But the chair is still secure in place. I searched for an hour hoping that I missed something... Even did some painful tugging and maneuvering of the seat, hoping not to tear it, but still find something. But all for not...

So the next obvious step for me...

Name: P1200074.jpg
Size: 36.9 KB

Not worth the money I would get selling that stupid sub...

Last edited by stats; 01-20-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:42 AM
pop the bottom seat up. other then the bolts you removed there should be ones on the sides aswell where the bottom seat cover was. lift up on the seat back and remove
Old 08-29-2009, 03:42 AM
so how do you remove the sub on the g35 sedan...not sure i am following this thread correctly
Old 08-29-2009, 04:17 AM
Yes remove the bottom seat and remove the 2 bolts and they come off!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:01 AM
just go threw your truck its just as easy and you wont take as much apart.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stats View Post
So I decided to tinker around on the G and figure out how I can remove my Bose Amp and Sub. I grabbed a copy of the factory repair manual and had at it, heres what happened...

Didnt snap pics of the Amp removal but its fairly easy...

Remove the trunk lining taking out 6 clips around the top of the trunk, this will reveal the Bose amp on the left. Take a ratchet and unscrew the 4 bolts, the back left one will be a pain so use an extension to get to it.

Now for the fun part...:newangel:

Got my laptop with repair manual up, phone ready in case of emergency (couldnt see one possibly happening but safety first...)

First, remove the head rests...

Next pull down the center arm rest and pull back the leather that is velcroed to the back of the opening to reveal a few bolts and a clip holding the arm rest in... (These bolts and the bolts in the next step are very tough to loosen, I had to use my entire body weight to get these to budge)

Pull out the arm rest and this will reveal 2 more "impossible" bolts holding the two seats in place, take those out...

Next the repair manual shows that the seat reclining mechanism needs to be removed shown here as the black piece in the corner of the seat..

What the repair manual doesnt tell you is that behind that plastic piece there is nothing... notta... But the chair is still secure in place. I searched for an hour hoping that I missed something... Even did some painful tugging and maneuvering of the seat, hoping not to tear it, but still find something. But all for not...

So the next obvious step for me...

Not worth the money I would get selling that stupid sub...

Did it in 1 hour....thanks for your post

DIY: 05 Sedan Bose Amp and Sub Removal... Kinda-forumrunner_218.jpg

DIY: 05 Sedan Bose Amp and Sub Removal... Kinda-forumrunner_245.jpg

DIY: 05 Sedan Bose Amp and Sub Removal... Kinda-forumrunner_226.jpg
Old 09-24-2015, 08:42 PM
I have a question about audio but its not 100% relevant to this thread but I have no where else to ask. The previous owner of my 05 coupe with bose installed an iphone cord there is a whole drilled through the glovebox and it leads somewhere...I tried opening it up and trying to look around but i am stuck. The cable does not work or everytime it switches to "XM ch 0001" it instantly switches to "Antenna" and I cant play music. Also sometimes it lets me play for like 3 seconds before switching back to "Antenna". Also I have to turn the music to like volume level 30 to hear it and yet it is still very quiet. I have a Stealth box in the trunk and the stock amp... Any advise on where to begin to diagnose.. my first thought was it could be a faulty cable